Coopers Community

Delicious Real Ale

Biermoasta

Here is a recipe which produces an awesome beer. I tasted the first one today and man it's good! [cool]

1.7kg Coopers Real Ale

1kg Light Dry Malt Extract

Steeped 140g Crystal Malt and 10g Roasted Barley

Made a hop tea with 15g of Goldings hops and added at start of fermention

Made to 24 litres and fermented with kit yeast at 20C

Resulting beer is a golden/amber colour with great hop and grain aroma. It has nice maltiness which is balanced by good bitterness from the Real Ale can. It's only been in the bottle a couple of weeks and is crystal clear. I would say this is my best beer to date. [love] [biggrin]

Here is a recipe which produces an awesome beer. I tasted the first one today and man it's good! [cool]

1.7kg Coopers Real Ale

1kg Light Dry Malt Extract

Steeped 140g Crystal Malt and 10g Roasted Barley

Made a hop tea with 15g of Goldings hops and added at start of fermention

Made to 24 litres and fermented with kit yeast at 20C

Resulting beer is a golden/amber colour with great hop and grain aroma. It has nice maltiness which is balanced by good bitterness from the Real Ale can. It's only been in the bottle a couple of weeks and is crystal clear. I would say this is my best beer to date. [love] [biggrin]

Sounds absolutely divine. If only i could get hold of chrystal grains. Living in a dumb arse country town that doesnt cater for home brewers, in can form, let alone grains and yeast [pinched] I cant buy sanitising gear, spare parts or anything. Thats why i gave up.

But i'm sticking my chin up, and will source what i can. This recipe is on my to do list. Real Ale was one of my favs.

Archived