Coopers Community

Amber 100 Ale

Just sampled my Amber 100 which has been in the bottles for only a few weeks and it tastes great. A pretty standerd kind of recipe but it is my first attempt at dry hopping centennial.

A fabulous bitterness is softened beautifully by the amber malt [love]

Amber 100

1.7kg Cooper Pale Ale

1.5kg Coopers Amber Malt Extract

Approx 200g dextrose

15g Cascade @ 15

30g Centennial dry hopped @ day 3

21L

OG 1041

FG 1007

Yeast US-05

Came out at just over 5% [cool]

what was the OG - FG muddy? sounds delicious..

love the approx[biggrin] just a whack of that was it?[lol]

[lol]

OG 1041

FG 1007

I like Centennial as well but am yet to dry hop it.

As I find centennial has a somewhat assertive flavour I thought it might not turn out great as a late hop but it works really well.

It's flavour has an inherent bitterness (IMO) that works wonderfully with the amber malt. It'd go ok with a pale malt but would be more of a slap in the face flavour wise [ninja]

muddy,

it just so happens i've been planning a "harvest ale" using Cenntenial and Cascade. these are the two hops varieties i hve growing in the garden. i can't get the auzzie PA over here so i was thinking of my go to kit, canadian blonde. how do you think that would go over? or maybe the OS draught?

i am very happy to hear info on the centenial. i have never tried it. cascade i use alot and like it alot. glad to here they go nicely together.[cool]

I've never successfully used the Canadian Blonde (long story) so I'm not sure how it would turn out. I can't see why it wouldn't work out nicely.

I've never used the draught either maybe see how their bitterness stacks up against the Pale Ale - I'd look myself but I have to run now.

Archived