Coopers Community

European Lager...

ChrisM8

G'day, me again!

i bought a European Lager can today, thinking i might do something a wee bit different...i usually brew dark &/or pale ales...

then i read the can...recommend storing for 12 weeks in the bottle before serving...did i read that right...?

12 WEEKS[crying] ...geez, i reckon i'd rather have me nuts cut off than wait that long for a beer!?![lol]

so, i decided to use an ale yeast i had in the fridge from a (cough, cough) muntons blonde can i used ages ago, before i found out about the wonderful world of Cooper's Home Brewing![innocent]

so, this is going to cut down my waiting time & it's NOT going to be a lager!

wadaya reckon?

[alien]

I would personally leave it the 12 weeks, just shove it in the brew in the back of your stockpile and start another one quick smart. Or you could wait till you have a big stockpile and brew it, then you will always have a constant supply of beer while you are letting it secondary condition.

I might be wrong in saying that since it is lager yeast it should also be conditioned at colder temperatures as well and this may be why it takes such a long time in the bottle.

Archived