Coopers Community

camping fishing and drinking

Nick

I'm off for my 3 monthly rendevous with mother nature this week. I had to reschedule as the Aussie day floods put boondooma under 6 meters of water, so hopefully things have dried out now.

Not sure if the bass are biting, but apparently the red claw crays are going apeshit with all the fresh stirring things up.

Looks like i'll be on my APA and Crayfish diet all week[biggrin]

Lifes tough sometimes[innocent]

Looks like i'll be on my APA and Crayfish diet all week[biggrin]

The diet worked well, i put on 2kgs[crying]

Next time skip the crayfish and just stick to the APA.

Graham, it would take more than 2kgs for me to resort to a dry enzyme. Actually I am already past the 2kg mark [biggrin]

Just got back from 11 days of cruising the south pacific no camping,no fishing but a drink bill = too 5 yrs of home brewing.[crying] After the ship ran out of Fat Yak got into drinking Bass for the first time would recomend it to anybody,very nice drop[roll] [roll]

Just got back from 11 days of cruising the south pacific no camping' date='no fishing but a drink bill = too 5 yrs of home brewing.[crying'] After the ship ran out of Fat Yak got into drinking Bass for the first time would recomend it to anybody,very nice drop[roll] [roll]

Hey Ash i remember drinking Bass in the 70's back in the UK, and thought it was pretty good. I've not tasted it since then, but might need to see what Dr Dan has on the shelves.

I know what you mean about those bloody holiday bar bills....i remember a week on one of the whitsunday islands, running up the bar tab to my room, i coulnt cover it with my credit card on the morning we left[crying] very embarrasing, but i should have known as the cocktails in the swim up bar were all $15!!!

Graham, it would take more than 2kgs for me to resort to a dry enzyme. Actually I am already past the 2kg mark [biggrin]

I checked out the link, does it work with K & K? and why wouldnt you use it Hairy?

Graham' date=' it would take more than 2kgs for me to resort to a dry enzyme. Actually I am already past the 2kg mark [biggrin']

I checked out the link, does it work with K & K? and why wouldnt you use it Hairy?

I'm just not into ultra dry beers. Even with my hot day swilling type beers I still like a little bit of body.

Just a personal thing.

Nick, I've never seen Bass in Dans out my way. I called in last night to check out the English beer section. I was going to get Theakstons Old Peculiar (recommended in another thread) but couldn't go past Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Just finished it off now [love]

It gives me another excuse to go back and get the Theakstons [cool]

i got some dry enzyme today from LHBS they say it helps with the diabetes??

The dry enzyme will reduce the amount of residual sugars in the beer but it will also increase the alcohol content. If you want the same alcohol percentage you had before then you may need to reduce the OG.

I find pushing the hydrometer down further and holding it there tends to help reduce the OG (just kidding mate) [biggrin]

i got some dry enzyme today from LHBS they say it helps with the diabetes??

The dry enzyme will reduce the amount of residual sugars in the beer but it will also increase the alcohol content. If you want the same alcohol percentage you had before then you may need to reduce the OG.

I find pushing the hydrometer down further and holding it there tends to help reduce the OG (just kidding mate) [biggrin]

haha thanks hairy yeah the guy at LHBS said the same....abit more alcohol wont hurt i reckon...made a couple APA of late and couldnt resist the full amount of sugar.....im looking forward to seeing how this enxyme thingy goes actually

Archived