Coopers Community

What's in a Name?

Just getting in first before there's a whole thread about me changing my name.

I changed my name from Ben72 to Calamity Ben, as it seems that in the forum as in my life, misfortune seems to follow me around.

I thought it was fitting and appropraite to acknowledge this, and to clear this up before the allegations of me being an Intenet Troll gather any steam.

I don't like people saying their knowledge and experience is more valid than anyone else's unless they can justify it.

I don't like people subverting posts to have a contest to see whose ego is bigger than whose, and I don't like people having a shot at others just because they may be new, a little less experienced, or just vulnerable.

There is a word for that and it's Bully.

I've had enough experiece to last several lifetimes when it comes to identifying bullies, and I will not accept those that don't know me trying to explain me away as being something I'm not.

If I start a thread, expect me to be on your case if you go off topic, get personal and abuse me or others - no matter who you are or how experienced you might be.

If I wanted a thread to be a place for arguing, belittling, and intimidation, I'd be posting on another website.

Likewise if you can enter into a discussion, contribute something, whether it's experiecne, knowledge, or even opinion, you should be given a chance to have a voice, robust discussion is welcome, personal insults are not.

At the very least, if things get heated, and you say something in haste that you realise should have been left out, go back, apologise, and delete the post, and for those that insist on copying, quoting and otherwise stirring up trouble for those that have shown remorse, you'll get no sympathy from me.

Cheers, and have a wonderful day.

I changed my name from Ben72 to Calamity Ben, as it seems that in the forum as in my life, misfortune seems to follow me around.

Ha!! one of those, It always happens to me, I dont know why but it's not my fault? haha.. a likely story

good luck with the "stay on topic" or else attitude, this si not that type of furum.

already you assert yourself in the manner you cry shame on.

If I start a thread, expect me to be on your case if you go off topic

If I start a thread' date=' expect me to be on your case if you go off topic, [/quote']

31220121.jpg

That is exactly the type of stupid authoritarian attitude that we don't want here. Threads take their twists and turns and go off topic all the time. If you're gonna get all up in arms at someone over something as trivial as that then perhaps you should take a look at some possible reasons all this "misfortune" follows you around.

Archived