Coopers Community

CUB Tour

GrahamB8

I did the tour yesterday for the second time this year, for $11 on grab one you get the tour and 4 beers so its not a bad couple of hours out. They had Fosters on nitro and they also have Yak on tap before you tell me they would have to pay you to drink it :)

Notable information the guide was giving out:

Homebrewers ferment at 25 degrees where as they ferment everything at 17.5.

They add liquid sugar to the wort because it reduces the fermentation time to 5 days, if they didnt add sugar like Cascade for example then fermentation would take upto 18 days.

Fat Yak (when I asked) is made with Saaz hops [lol].

Apart from those little gems its a decent day out, there yeast storage is quite impressive and the food is decent enough.

Yep , knew about the sugar! Sugar is fine as a small % in any beer. I personally don't think much of Yak in the bottle, but fresh out of a tap is great. I've tasted it direct from the fermentation vat at Matilda Bay brewery and was great there too. Tasted all the Matilda Bay stuff direct from their vats.. Was all very nice.. I had a day there while doing my much loved in this forum 'Beer School' [biggrin]

you toured CUB and Not Mountain Goat just up the road? [pinched]

You couldnt pay me to do a CUB tour as I drink none of their product and unless my taste buds die a horrible death, never will again if I can help it.

[whistling

Archived