Coopers Community

supermarket conspiracy

peterM54

A couple of mates and I have been brewing with Coopers for about 20 years. We favour a mix of Stout and Lager brewed in old 18 gallon stainless Steel kegs. We call this tasty brew Black & Tan. The dark beer seems to maintain its taste and quality despite wet season heat, humidity and water quality issues that come with living in the Super Wet belt of Queensland rainforest.

Recently we are finding it difficult to source brew cans , especially stout in supermarkets and brew shops. If we got a bulk purchase from the company what is the minimum amount to get discount consideration.

It's deplorable that since the supermarkets took over liquor outlets , Coopers brew cans are disappearing from shelves everywhere.

It's deplorable that since the supermarkets took over liquor outlets , Coopers brew cans are disappearing from shelves everywhere.

I like a good conspiracy theory. I hadn't heard that one before.

So I'd say more to do with the weather than not stocking anymore! I worked for ww for almost 10 years we regularly dropped lines in season when the sales would drop off to basically nothing! I'd say wait out they might turn up again? Or ask to speak to the grocery manager and ask why they are not stocking it anymore! Good luck! I'm going to have a word to my local about getting a couple more lines in view have the space so its worth a shot!

Archived