Coopers Community

Melbourne Members Discounts

Barfly

Is there anywhere in Melbourne that Coopers Club members can go to buy their supplies and get a members discount?

I need to get more bottles, and to stock up on consumables, etc.

I was going to buy thru the online store but any discount from there is more then eaten up by freight costs.

I need bottles too, Barfly.. was just going to go to BiLo and pick some (750ml PET) up... how much are they through the CGS (including freight)? I think they're about $1 each at BiLo (ie. $15/15). A bit of a ripoff I reckon, considering you can buy 2L bottles with fizzy drink in for $0.95 somtimes.. hmm.

You can buy the bottles from k-mart or big w at any time for $11.98 a box of 15 bottles. (Wife has a staff discount card for big w!). I was just trying to get some extras without permission (if ya know what I mean) :wink:

yeah, I was exaggerating a bit there. I ended up getting some more too last night from BiLo, I think they were about $12.50 or thereabouts. no bother.

I bottled my Australian Pale Ale last night, after 2 weeks of racking.. and I must say that it smelt absolutely fantastic! Bugger all yeast came through which was quite good. Hopefully there's enough of the little blighters in there to top off the brew with a bit of solid secondary fermentation to give it just the right amount of fizz! this could be my best brew yet!

Might have to get you to come round and teach me the finer points of racking! I'm also curious to find out more about kegging.

Of course, we would have to sample some product while we were at it -- just to see if we did it right!! :lol:

hah.. I don't know how "fine" my technique is, since this is the first time I've done it and i've been going off what I've been reading, but I certainly did notice a fraction of the yeast at the bottom of the racking container compared with the primary fermenter! and I think the extra time to sit there might have helped the brew to become a little more complex in flavour, as it certainly did smell more mellow and less "rich" compared with what it was like straight out of the primary fermenter. :)

I'm going to be doing my first all-grain tomorrow. a little creatures pale ale clone.. should be interesting. I've got a good mate (whos got all the mashing gear) coming down, he's going to show me the finer points of mashing, hopping, etc. Should be interesting. :)

So yeah, when that's done, I'll get you to come up - bring a few of yours, and you can try some of our Little Creatures clone, Australian Pale ale and Lager that we've brewed over the last 3 weeks.. :)

Also, brother is looking at purchasing a still, are they illegal? what's the law on producing your own purified alcohol?

cheers,

kieran

Archived