Coopers Community

What i am doing now thanks to all of you ! ! !

Polarian

So after learning a few things from you guys , from now on with my new coopers home brew kit that i will be mostly brewing lager , draught and stout in ....

My sugar mix is going to be LDM - light dry malt 1kg and DEX - Dextrose 500gm = a 1.5kg mix

Let the batch brew for 14 days

Best to just sprinkle the yeast on top and not to stire it in

Only bother to take gravity measurement on the first day and the last couple of days

and realisticaly in my house i can keep the temps to 20c to 25c and try not to let the brew hit 30c

So yeah thats my new recipe for success , and using all coopers home brew products ofcourse :>

any reccomendations or tips people ?

So far special thanks to SteveM33 , PhilboBaggins and especially to Hairy and anyone else i have missed sorry :>

thanks for advice guys !

Thats a pretty good procedure and not much can go wrong providing you have good sanitation. FYI, the ABV with those fermentables will be 5.8% in the bottle assuming you make the batches to 23lts. maybe dropping some dex might be a good idea. I would be happy to brew stout at those temp ranges, but lager, APA and draught will be a much better beer when fermented at the lower temps. A lager brewed at 20 deg will be way better than one brewed at 25 and even better if brewed at 17 or 18 deg. it may pay to brew stout for the next month or 2 and then brew and stockpile lager and draught when the temps are cooler.

Welcome aboard BTW

sounds fantastic

how about a mix of ...

Coopers Brew Enhancer 2

BE2 = 500g Dextrose + 250g Maltodextrin + 250g Light Dry Malt

or use BE 2 and + 500gm LDM ? because i do like my 1.5kg mixes or going over the 1kg atleast ehhehe

sounds fantastic

how about a mix of ...

Coopers Brew Enhancer 2

BE2 = 500g Dextrose + 250g Maltodextrin + 250g Light Dry Malt

or use BE 2 and + 500gm LDM ? because i do like my 1.5kg mixes or going over the 1kg atleast ehhehe

Its all about what works best for your tastes. try a few combo's and settle for the one you prefer. IMO, BE1 works very well in lager, pilsner and canadian blonde but BE2 in all else. Most of the blokes here have worked out thier preferences through experimentation...its what makes brewing so interesting.

Archived