Coopers Community

Second APA brew down

Ok all i just sussed out the 2nd APA i put down (nearly as close to the Yobster Ale) as ingredients would allow. its smelling and tasting awesome. also have a draught in the other fv with no additives except 800g dextrose...i hopped that yesterdsay with just 15gm bag of cascade as nick suggested...im gunna have fun after i get home [biggrin] ,cheers Ned p.s i may just be able to squeeze one more APA and BE2 in to bottle before i go also....

Good stuff Ned. I reckon after your first couple of hopped batches you will find the APA with BE2 to be a bit plain.

I'm sure you will still drink it though [biggrin]

im sure i will too Hairy but i thought id do it just to compare notes later on..Yobs mission is complete...hes just about got me addicted to hops lol[biggrin] [cool]

Woolies had APA and BE2 on special last time I was in, so had to buy some (no DME though).

Was planning on just hopping it up with Cascade & Williamette, but now thinking of beefing it up to 6% with a partial mash apart from the fact that is almost as much work as doing an AG, so might go with the original plan.

decisions, decisions....

800g dex is a tad heavy for me. Nevertheless' date=' whatever rocks your boat of course [biggrin']

I'd be ditching the BE2 and subbing for LDM and Dex. It's cheaper and better imo.

to be honest Bill i actually stuffed up ..i thought id used 500 of dex and wasnt thinking(usual for me) was too late once i realised lol....i usually only half sugar whatever i make but the occasional "mishap" isnt too unbearable lol[lol] [cool]

Ned, will be a great comparison and in the words of the imortal Dark Master

"will complete your training"

mwoohaaahaaaaaaa

hahaha you are a frkn nutter...cant wait to get on the turps with ya [biggrin] darn i keep meaning to send you my phone no...will send in email tomorrow

count on it!! Though with the young-un imminent... I can only hope a trip to Melbourne sometime soon is on the cards for you. [pinched]

ed: will amke sure to have the kegs full though [lol]

thats a good chance also...after the hospital shit i just maybe up for abit of travelling after a little while of recuperation.

Archived