Coopers Community

wort seems dead??

well hi guys have put down a real ale late 23.12.....

i followed to the letter..but no sign of yeast working>>. mind you this is the first ever brew ive done at the right temp im used to being a bushy......how long does it usually take a k&k to get goning...all these years and Now i start asking..sheeeesh

its like i didnt put yeast in it but i certainly did??

WEL !!!! DEAR NED...PLEASE CHECK F.A.Q also maybe check "dont trust the airlock" and all other manner of posts in here...dumbo lol. yes i plead guilty to relying on the airlock...i hang my h

ead...lol merry xmas everyone

p.p.s airlock is now working also lol

Glad to hear it worked out for you [happy]

haha i must admit i panicked....all the years of k&k brewing but since i joined on here (couple weeks) im actually trying to make abit better beer...this is first fv kit ive had hence new to airlock setup etc......it was easier when i just did it the rough way BUT! the beer is already miles ahead....all in the learning process....damn i just hate to lose a batch lol cheers all.

so true fellas.......i checked to see if there was scum round top...yes i didnt use hydrometer due to fv being in laundry tub etc but that was coming next.......i walked over to computer to post all looks ok now the bloody airlock wont shut up....never satisfied are we ???

but thanks to this site...im more than happy with the advice i get....albeit im sure i must drive everyone nuts lol

now the bloody airlock wont shut up...

You'll grow to like the bubbling[biggrin] .

Rule #3 - Have a beer!

i already have that comfy feeling as i walk past the laundry and hear the bubbling lol.

rule #4 keep drinking.[cool]

Archived