Coopers Community

im rapt

Well everyone im very very pleased ...i just cracked a longneck of one week bottled coopers draught..after a few blunders etc it is ok ...gunna be more ok in another week or two but as i write this im sitting here drinking it amd im pleased as hell........already shaking my head at what i used to make... alot more to learn but im glad to be back to my brews cheers

Leave em in the bottles for 2 or 3 months and see the improvement in the beers. [love]

yeah like i could wait that long lol

i used to drink beer months old when i did it the rough and tumble way...im thinking this tatses better already

mind you i intend doing a couple double batches to get myself ahead.....[crying]

[lol] If you're able to get a decent stockpile up then it'll be easier to leave them age. It's taken me basically 12 months to have all of my empties filled to the point where I only brew when I have enough empties available now. But now that I have, my brews generally sit there for 3-4 months before I get around to drinking them (although I do sneak a few in the beginning to see how it turned out haha).

[lol] If you're able to get a decent stockpile up then it'll be easier to leave them age. It's taken me basically 12 months to have all of my empties filled to the point where I only brew when I have enough empties available now. But now that I have' date=' my brews generally sit there for 3-4 months before I get around to drinking them (although I do sneak a few in the beginning to see how it turned out haha).[/quote']

i did have 30 milk crates full of longnecks at one stage.....but all gone now...at lightening ridge we have over 800 longnecks there waiting.....sometimes we dont get to it for a year or more...but as i say it was rough but what we could afford and was good enough........im looking forward to doing some more double batches now.... as i was out of my usual surroundings doing this batch i decided today to taste a bottle now im tasting another one lol goes to show why no one wanted any of my homebrew before lol

I'm glad to hear that a few small changes are making better beer. That's what it's all about [biggrin]

thanks lord...yes its amazing.....mind you we were happy we had cheap beer for 8 years but its a great little journey to make better beer...we always brewed rough, always above or below temperature...everything wrong but it came out as beer....now ive decided to actually make some good beer for a change. mind you now im looking thru ebay and getting gadgets and fridges etc ...it never ends lol

ill add i WONT be telling anyone ive started to make better beer...they aint getting ANY lol

As soon as they taste ho goo it is they'll all be your best friend again [innocent]

EXACTLY!!!!! son in law neednt think hes getting any when he comes to stay over xmas either.lol

Archived