Coopers Community

Cerverza from fermenter makes my tongue tingle/numb

MikeyBycrikey

Good Afternoon. Brewing up a cerveza kit (it's the beer equivalent of offering mates cheap snaggas on bread)for my birthday party. Recipe:

Coopers Cerveza

500g DME

500g DEX

12g Hallertau

2 lemon rinds boiled in water

Everytime I take a quick shot glass taste test I find my tongue gets a tingly feeling and almost goes a little numb. Anyone experienced this? Could I have left a little too much keg king sanitizer in the fermenter? Thanks

Hold up, think it was just some good old fashioned paranoia. Poured a bit, dumped it and drunk a second sample (gotta ensure my friends safety right? ) and it's fine albeit a bit bitter. Though that said it's actually quite pleasant surprisingly enough. Amazing the difference between brew on a bench and brew in a fridge.

P.S Nick wins funniest reply award

Glad to hear your brew has settled down. When you brew something for other people to drink, you want it to be spot on, nothing worse than serving up homebrew that tastes like homebrew. probably made you a little more self critical, or as you put it, paranoid. hope they enjoy it Mikey[biggrin]

sounds like your mates are in for a good night!!

Look on the bright side, every time they take a piss, they will be cleaning the loo at the same time.

Hahaha Gold! [lol] [sideways] [tongue] [lol]

If only....

Anthony.

Archived