Coopers Community

Re-activating coopers commercial yeast

Acka

OMFG... first post too. Welcome John

If you are rinsing yeast from the trub then 2 weeks is enough time to store it before it starts to deteriorate. After this then you should step it up to the required amount..... and yes, I have the book "Yeast" and have recommended it numerous times on these forums.

Hi John and also Welcome to the forum. The washed yeast I have is ranging from a month and a half to 1 week old the 1 week old stuff was washed a week ago and there is 2 jars and the other 2 are the older ones. I make a starter 2 days prior to use making sure I have a good yeast cell count prior to making my brews handy to know how long before it deteriorates. I have had great results so far and now knowing this additional info is just boosted my knowledge Cheers. PS I will have to get that book on yeast.

Hi JohnM25.

I would say, "Welcome to the forum", but it appears you have been a member for sometime now. [innocent]

Nice summation for a 1st post. You certainly appear to know your stuff. [cool]

Just to stir you up, & draw more posts from you, I'll pose my belief & allegiance towards the newly released, "Cry Havoc" yeast commercially released by Whitelabs vs your "PACMAN" yeast released by Wyeast, & the end results over a variety of recipes.

For those unaware but interested...

Wyeast 1764PC Rogue Pacman Yeast info

White Labs WLP862 Cry Havoc Yeast info

My initial interest in the "Cry Havoc" yeast strain was purely on the back of Chris White's perseverance & persistence for Charlie Parpazian to release it commercially. He speaks of that....

>> HERE << (Audio Commentary)

I wasn't going to speak of the yeast until I had used it in a few brews, & had some cold hard evidence of it's effectiveness & properties. However, the sheer versatility of the yeast (from what I've read & listened too) makes it a very, very hard yeast to ignore from a brewing aspect from where I sit.

To be able to brew a successful Lager, & a successful Ale with the one yeast, that is not an easy yeast to come by.

Check it out guys, it's worth your time.

Anthony.

Archived