Coopers Community

Bottling

AnthonyD11

Hi Guys

I'm new to home brewing and was just wondering about bottling.

I've heard that glass bottles may explode if not done properly. Would it be possible to secondary ferment in the PET bottles and then after 2 weeks transfer from the PET bottles to glass bottles?

Cheers

Glass bottles won't explode if primed correctly there is a slight chance of explosion if the bottles get infected however I use glass bottles all the time and never had an issue just use either carbonation drops or bulk prime and you won't have any problems.

Don't worry about transferring bottle to the bottles you are going to bottle in and leave them there till you drink them.

I'm assuming that you don't have a second FV so?

Just leave it all in the primary for a week after it reaches Final gravity and that should give it enough time for the yeast to clean up after itself and drop most of the crud out of the solution.

Worst case scenario, you have some sediment in the bottle and the choice to have a cloudy beer if you want to on the day [happy]

I can understand transferring from kegs to bottles but I can't see any valid reason as to why in the world you would go from bottle to bottle, whether they are glass or PETs.

Just put it in one or the other and leave it there until you drink them imo.

I can understand transferring from kegs to bottles but I can't see any valid reason as to why in the world you would go from bottle to bottle, whether they are glass or PETs.

Just put it in one or the other and leave it there until you drink them imo.

+1 To what Bill said it is the most logical explanation!

Archived