Coopers Community

thin beer?

davids47

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I have made this recipe a few times...it's not a strong, power-packed flavour beer, but not sure if that is the opposite of thin?

The longer it's in the bottle, the better it gets - and I find it develops into a very nice drop - 3+ months.

Cheers

I bottled an Irish ale 2 weeks ago and tried one last night...very disappointing. Flat, flavourless and bland. also not the deep red colour i waas expecting. most of my brews are ok after 2 weeks, but not this one. its my first irish ale, so is this normal?

I bottled an Irish ale 2 weeks ago and tried one last night...very disappointing. Flat' date=' flavourless and bland. also not the deep red colour i waas expecting. most of my brews are ok after 2 weeks, but not this one. its my first irish ale, so is this normal?[/quote']

That is what i was thinking about the color it was not dark red

And no mouth feel but i will bottle it and see what happens

Is there any real nice recipes that are worth the effort om this site ,or are thy just there to sell product

All I can advise is patience...and trust me, I know it's much easier said than done.

Put the Irish away for 3+ months and you'll be amazed at the difference from a two week tasting.

David, the recipe section has some crackers, depends on what style you like/want to brew?

Just sing out on this site and brewers with far more experience and knowledge than me will help...

Cheers

Archived