Coopers Community

Reactivating Coops Commercial Ale Yeast

ash

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're going to use it on Friday then I wouldn't even bother putting it in the fridge. It's only a bit over a day or so away now.

Thanks Bill. Will do. [joyful]

How many ml of viable yeast do you have?

Viable cell count. ?? Approx ??

Without knowing the answer to this you are shooting in the dark.

All good questions Yob. I did ask similar questions about this exact topic in another thread no more than a couple of weeks back. I can't find it for the life of looking. However, while scouring through old threads, I did stumble across Bill's Dancing Banana again! That damn thing is hypnotic. I link I lost about 5 minutes of my life just trying to figure out a way to stop my head from bouncing from side to side in sync with that damn Dancing Banana! [lol]

Anyways, back on topic.. All I know is that I have approx 700mls of yeast active liquid to pitch into my next pending brew. As far as cell counts & viability go, despite posing the question previously, no definites have been offered to my knowledge. From memory, I asked if what was being produced was the equivalent of a 7gm, 11gm or larger dry yeast quantity. It does seem very speculative, & I admit yes I do feel like I'm "shooting in the dark" to a degree.

In PB2 we must trust. [biggrin]

Beer.

Archived