Coopers Community

Greetings I am back!

Hey guys been a while since I logged into the coopers forum anyhow brewing production slowed down around here for a bit due to the doctor advising I only have 1 beer a week till my health condition is better. I must admit I do enjoy my ales when I do have em. So now after shouting me mate a few times stocks are low so will be onto making a EB kit with 1kg of LDM some crystal malt and fuggles hops. My mate didn't like my hoppy beers from the mellow hopped beers to the full on hoppy as hell beers he did not like however he prefers VB, Calton draught etc He however liked my non hopped APA so anyhow he is keen to try (experiment) Home Brand Draught with some malt and a bit of dex if he likes it well I will brew it for him lol anyhow Glad to be back also I planted my Chinook Rhizome last week so hopefully in the next few weeks I will see some life and begin the journey of growing my own beer hops for my brews [happy]

No accounting for taste eh?

Im just fermenting a serious IPA and next is a IIPA... I think he may well choke and die on them [lol]

Dry hopped 20g Amarillo and 20g Citra 5 days ago

Further dry hop 15g Cascade 2 days ago

in 2 days I will dry hop 10g of each Amarillo, Citra and Cascade.

85g just in dry hopping [ninja] (Maybe another Dry hop during Cold Conditioning depending on how it tastes.

Welcome Back

My Dad is a VB and Carlton Draught man. Won't drink anything else.

On the weekend I had a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA in the fridge, and after the Pies got up we decided to have a drink to celebrate the joyous occasion. I poured myself one and let him have a taste - and by golly he liked it.

So, after he had the bourbon he'd already poured I gave him his very first India Pale Ale - (ok, it's probably an IIPA).

Normally I wouldn't suggest this sort of beer for someone who'd never tried one before. But IPA seems to have an affect if you're not used to "craft" beer. It was the beer that opened my eyes many years ago.

The moral of the story? The right beer can open anyone's eyes [lol]

Archived