Coopers Community

Temp for authentic IPA

DavidH45

That actually brings me to another Q Yob... I bought the US yeast to use, but was reading about how yeast can struggle with high-gravity brews and suggests using two sachets. Would the kit yeast serve as an extra boost? Im a noob so all info is gratefully received :)

Ive often thought about making a Yeast blend, Im actually waiting on the 'right' yeast crop to do so with, it would be a nice experiment.

I was thinking of Blending Nottingham and US-05 with the coopers yeast (as in Notto/Coopers - US-05/Coopers) for the estery component... if I was to do that I would reculture the bottle yeast, not use the packet yeast.

Yob

That actually brings me to another Q Yob... I bought the US yeast to use' date=' but was reading about how yeast can struggle with high-gravity brews and suggests using two sachets. Would the kit yeast serve as an extra boost? Im a noob so all info is gratefully received :)[/quote']

With the receipe on their website, does not look that high gravity (can + 1kg dry malt + 500g sugar), I'm sure you'd be fine with one packet.

Mr Malty calculator seems to suggest 1 11.5g pack for a 1.050 brew.

Archived