Coopers Community

czech pils rotm kit - ferment time

RedemP

hi brewmasters, just a quick question on the expected fermentation time for the recent receipe of the month kit.

have brewed a few coopers euro lagers before and these went 3 weeks at 14-16deg. have had this at 14-16 degrees for 4 wks 1 day now, and bubbles still covering over half of the surface and consistently rising. havent taken a hydro reading due to the bubbling but was wondering if all is good as i would have thought the additional yeast would have made for a faster ferment.

thomas coopers pilsner 1.7kg

ldm 1kg

20.5 litres

kit yeast & w34/70 (7g + 15g)

dry hopped the saaz day 5

thanks.

took a reading today and its at 1.008, with small bubbles still consistently rising to surface. og was 1.048 - will check again on sunday.

the euro lagers went to 1.010 with only the kit yeast (and half of the ldm)

i noticed they call the w34/70 a dry lager yeast - is this referring to a dry enzyme which could be driving the sg down to these levels?

thanks guys.

i noticed they call the w34/70 a dry lager yeast - is this referring to a dry enzyme which could be driving the sg down to these levels?

No dry enzymes are added.

It is referred as Dry Lager Yeast because it is in a dry format (ie. dehydrated).

This is to distinguish it from liquid yeasts.

The FG is affected by the ingredients used and the attenuation of the yeast. Some yeast attenuate further than other yeasts ie. they eat more sugar before calling it quits.

Archived