Coopers Community

Sediment Trap HELP

BrewingBenny

As always RUSHING to get the next brew on and I left the sediment trap out of the tap, should I try and tip the FV on its side and pull the tap out and try to fit it or just leave it and call it an experience.

I have a draught down with some galaxy hops chucked in I hope it doesn't ruin the final bottling process[crying] [crying] [crying] [crying]

NO!! cold condition it for a week and it will be so compact on the bottom it wont matter...

I threw mine away ages ago... not required and just one more thing to clean / pathway to possible infection.

Hi Benny,

I wouldn't worry about it. I have never used a sediment trap of any kind and have never had a problem. When I get to the bottom of the FV when bottling I tip it up tp make sure I get as much as possible into bottles, the last one usually gets a bit of sediment in it but settles out in the bottle anyway.

Wal

Once again all, you will allow me to sleep with ease tonight knowing my baby will be fine [biggrin]. Each time to be honest that i thought i've muffed my brew it's actually been great. Brew number 4 and my experimenting with hops begins, need to make sure I get the best end result possible. Cheers again all.

Archived