Coopers Community

help with bulk priming please

stevend

There's a calculator here LINKYLINK

I'm going to be using 1 carb drop per 500ml bottle, I think they're 3 grams each, so 6g dex per liter should do it (a bit less than beer).

half the priming rate if kegging. not sure why, maybe someone can confirm that.

300ml cold water

mix dex / dme and bring to the boil, take it off the heat and let sit for 10 min then sit it in a sink with cold water for 10 mins to chill it and then into the FV and rack onto it.

Hope this helps

I'm going to be using 1 carb drop per 500ml bottle, I think they're 3 grams each, so 6g dex per liter should do it (a bit less than beer)

erm.. you are bulk priming with car drops?[surprised

say it aint so mate [lol] they often have varible weights and as such will vary the carbonation... start getting (and using)DEX by the 5kg bags (or more)and save yourself some $$ to put toward other brew stuff...

[bandit]

half the priming rate if kegging. not sure why, maybe someone can confirm that.

This is correct. It works out at about 4g per litre but use the calculator then halve the result.

I can't remember exactly why but had something to do with the headspace and only 1 vessle.

erm.. you are bulk priming with car drops?[surprised

Don't worry Yob,i'm not. For the stout I'm using 1 cab drop in each 500ml glass bottle. I find them convenient.

That's where I got the rate of 6 grams per liter (2Xthree gram drops). I think that 8 would be a bit much for stout as it would make it too fizzy.

Stout should be fairly flat in my opinion, with carbonation mainly to produce the head.

But, halving it for kegging, the difference between 3 and 4 grams per liter is pretty minimal.

But, halving it for kegging, the difference between 3 and 4 grams per liter is pretty minimal.

Even though it sounds minimal and may not hurt but don't be misplaced.... the difference between 3 and 4 drops is 33% so really it is quite viable to think about. [rightful]

Archived