Coopers Community

Amarillo Hops

LordEoin

I've been trying to find Amarillo Hops for the past few weeks but failing miserably[crying]

Someone (a long time ago in a galaxy far away) said that Amarillo had a bad year and the supply is almost non-existant.

I can't seem to get any in Ireland. I found some in the UK, but ended up being a small fortune (about 35EUR/45AUS for 100g)

Does anyone here know of any company with Amarillo hops and reasonable shipping?

Holey moley.... $45 for 100g. Wow I have a bit over 1kg in the freezer :) I think I paid about $45 all up for it.

Yep, I remember something about not as much Amarillo this year. however, it can still be got. What is it like or how hard is it to import hops to Ireland? Maybe you need to think outside the square so to speak.

It should be no problem to import them (customs didn't blink an eye when i was posted some Ginger Beer Plant) but a lot of companies add rediculous postage fees, like that company where 80% of the cost was postage.

I know there has to be somewhere that has a normal price hop with a normal price postage, but damned if I can find it...

excellent Smithy, thank you.

On craftbrewer it ended up costing $20 for 90 grams, but i've been itching to try the Fruit Salad Ale, so best to just stick it on the mastercard and forget about it...

The other places had better prices for 500g, but in the end I dont need anywhere near that amount of one hop.

Thanks again. Now lets see how fast the delivery plane is...

excellent Smithy, thank you.

On craftbrewer it ended up costing $20 for 90 grams, but i've been itching to try the Fruit Salad Ale, so best to just stick it on the mastercard and forget about it...

The other places had better prices for 500g, but in the end I dont need anywhere near that amount of one hop.

Thanks again. Now lets see how fast the delivery plane is...

Maybe you should have opted for a bit more thinking of the future. They keep well in the freezer and no doubt you really should try Neill's Centenarillo and I think that uses about 80g (can't remember now) but is a great beer and a must do for everyone imo.

wow, hopsdirect.com are cheap

bookmaked for a later date [biggrin]

bill, future Me will worry about later brews. That's his job!

for now, i'm just plodding through one brew at a time, getting a taster of everything. Once I have all these falvours sussed out I'll know what to spend my CMD on in bigger quantities and go crazy like Adam [biggrin]

By the way, one of the sites mentioned on this thread seems to have some spyware on it.

I don't know which one, but after poking about the sites, suddenly my inbox is being spammed with brewing/delivery emails packed with trojans.

As much as i hear 'its not my computer' when working,I'm sure that it is not.

It could possibly be hotmail being over-precautious, but none of the mails mention order numbers or tracking numbers etc, so beware...

Hmm good to know! I've only purchased through craftbrewer for delivery stuff, and I think I get an order number there. I've placed my first MHB order to collect from the store tomorrow, I got an order # there. Maybe it was Nikobrew? I've seen them around the AHB forums quite a bit and people speak highly of them so I'd hope it would be ok.

Let's just hope it's Hotmail being a bit scared!

Hey Lord,

The Craftbrew price for Amarillo, from memory is around A$9, the freight was probably $11, so you should have bought around 4 or 5 packets, the freight would probably be the same. which would have brought the price per 90g down to about $11 each.

you could sell them in Ireland for $20 each.

Weggl

True, but i just wanted to bite the bullet and get my hands on some.

I'll leave flogging hops to the pros [wink]

They arrived today. So finally I'll be able to make Fruit Salad. [biggrin] This stuff better be as amazing as i hear!![biggrin]

Archived