Coopers Community

Drinking a Bubweiser dreaming of English Bitter

Hey all as the topic says yes im drinking a Budweiser can and thinking up a recepie for english bitter to brew on friday arvo.

Yeah i know Bubweiser is piss water most people would say but i secretly dont mind it. In saying that i would still prefer a home brew im drinking different cheap Varieties while get my Home brew stockpile up. [whistling

Ok i have an order being sent tomorrow express with both American and English hops and yeast.

1 kg Joe White Crystal Malt 120-150 EBC

Wyeast Activator 125ml London Ale Yeast 1028

2 Packets Safale US-05 11.5 Grams

80 Grams EKG Pellets

80 Grams Amarillo Pellets

40 Grams Cascade Pellets

Witht the english bitter im thinking ill go witht the INT Aus Pale Ale tin and build it up with malt and hops and of cource the london yeast. Or does anyone think the english bitter tin itself is a good base im only confused as its based on 1800 style but i guess thats mainly what we try to emulate. I may look at this later and think geeze im stupid but thats what sleep deprevation and working night shift does [lol]

I would keep the Pale Ale kit for use with the Cascade & Amarillo hops, some crystal malt and US-05.

And I would use the English Bitter kit for the English Bitter. This is a great kit which always turns out good for me.

Try:

1 x English Bitter kit

1kg LDM

250g Crystal malt

(Maybe a little dex)

10g EKG @ 20 minutes

10g EKG @ 5 minutes

20g EKG dry hopped

London Ale yeast

That would be a nice beer [love]

But that's just what I would do [innocent]

I might just do that Hairy my 3rd ever brew years ago was an english bitter with 1 kg LDM and 500 gram dex kit yeast plus a packet of OS yeast. Being stupid as a beginner i used 40 grams POR for flavour [sick] managed to give it away luckily.

This time im excited at the EKG and london yeast working together it should be beautiful ill do that exact recepie you said with 500 gram dex i think [love] now i cant wait to finish work friday morning and brew it or maby thursday when get ingredients.

Hey all got my Mail order today although im not happy without the hydrometer rang early yesterday before it was packed they forgot to add it. Lucky after 3 i can get one in town. I was pleased with delivery though even used an ice pack around my expensive Liquid London Ale yeast very pleased.

Now all i have to do is get this last night shift over with and give this ESB a crack tomorrow morning. Im aiming at 5.8% which should be easy as the yeast apparently is good for HG Brews. Ill keep u all posted waiting for the missus to bring my car home so i can get some stuff done [annoyed]

well the icing is on the cake was havin a few brews at pub when SWMBO calls to pick me up. Once get home she gives me a 16 litre SS pot to make my extract brewing easier. True [love]

where can I find a person such as this? Mine hates everything to do with beer, to the point where I can't even speak about it!

But saying that, I was still allowed to convert a spare room in the house to what we now refer to as "the brewery"

She had to be trained smithy she used to complain about the smell of hops and the mess i make when steep grain etc. Now she knows im going to keep on doing it she tries to share my interest. When she gave me the pot she said maby now i can make less mess as there was alot with my 8 litre brew pot which has now been made redundant. So moral of the story keep makin mess and not changing your ways and your wife or G/F will be forced to assist you in your hobby [biggrin] good luck

Also i picked up a can of Bishops English Bitter today and me get home its BB october 2009. Im thinking it will be ok to use but not sure if want to use the 11 dollar London Ale yeast with it. I was thinking if im going to ruin it better with 5 dollar US-05 any thoughts will it really matter that much apart from darker look?

Archived