Coopers Community

COOL IT

weggl

Think I might apply to the Greens for a grant to develop the energy free cooler, for the purpose of home brewing. Dose one get carbon credits if one is retired??

cooler1c.jpg

cooler2s.jpg

Notice the temp, ambient temp when this was taken was 22.2C.

It's all done with water and the principle of loss of heat from evaporation,might be an old idea but it is COOL![roll]

I do a very similar thing with my kit too. The ambient temp in the house has been around 30c recently but I've managed to keep the brews down to as low as 24c [cool] I top up the towel at least twice a day to keep it damp and if the ambient temp is really bad, I point a fan at it too [biggrin]

I do a very similar thing with my kit too. The ambient temp in the house has been around 30c recently but I've managed to keep the brews down to as low as 24c [cool] I top up the towel at least twice a day to keep it damp and if the ambient temp is really bad' date=' I point a fan at it too [biggrin']

Same here, but I also place my brew in a basin of cold water.

I do that with mine too. I have a saucer type thing and 4 nylon blocks that I sit the FV on so the tap sticks out over the edge. Once the yeast is pitched I wrap a towel around it and tip a heap of cold water on it, then fill the saucer up with cold water with the bottom of the towel sitting in it. I've found it gets the temp down to about 70F or 21C (for some reason my thermometer is in F). Which is pretty good considering Brisbane's been around 30ish most days lately.

Archived