Coopers Community

Krausen Collar / Kit woes

Mags

Ok I am a little unimpressed with my kit right now. I had a lot of problems with flys getting into my cider quite easily on my last brew.

Now on my current brew I have removed the collar and cleaned it to notice that around the collar nearly equal distance apart I have lines in the plastic leading to a chip/rough area which I can see being an issue for cleaning and could lead to infection issues? [pinched] I'll add photos shortly.

I never used anything rough to scratch the collar and it seems like it came like this as there all identical.

here are photos;

imagesouv.jpg

imagelqk.jpg

Hey Mags I just noticed my krauen collar also has that mark. It looks like a moulding mark.

I haven't had any issues with my FV.

Mind you I haven't made a cider or anything near that sweet, and we don' have fruit fly in Melbourne yet.

Mines has them all around it and there rough and chipped like, would be a good place for crap to get stuck and cause problems. Still NO reply from coopers. Pretty disappointed. Been too busy to call as well.

Well I have been too busy to call and it has been what 3 weeks with no response after two emails. So pretty much lost faith in Coopers after them previously replacing my hydrometer promptly. I have to say that is really disappointing and I will not be buying anymore Coopers products until they actually respond and acknowledge my two emails.

Archived