Coopers Community

Brigalow Brewing Co.... what happened?

Recently decided to return to brewing cider after a break during Covid, and I had 3 cans of Brigalow Apple Cider in the cupboard.

Yes, I know some might criticise, but I've been using BAC for over 10 years and found it cost-effective and reasonable.

Just brewing the second last can now, and went to get more, only to find that Big W no longer stocks the brand and the company has closed or folded (last year?)

What happened?

PS: I dont have a yeast for the last can, can i use some of the left overs from whats in the carboy presently, or best to just purchase?

28 minutes ago, Slurm said:

Recently decided to return to brewing cider after a break during Covid, and I had 3 cans of Brigalow Apple Cider in the cupboard.

Yes, I know some might criticise, but I've been using BAC for over 10 years and found it cost-effective and reasonable.

Just brewing the second last can now, and went to get more, only to find that Big W no longer stocks the brand and the company has closed or folded (last year?)

What happened?

PS: I dont have a yeast for the last can, can i use some of the left overs from whats in the carboy presently, or best to just purchase?

I think the jury is still out on the Brigalow thing, different sources on the internet suggests they have closed down or changed their merchandising however I think we all know there is a lot of incorrect, mis-leading information out there.

I did comment on it a while back but deleted my post after I read comments from the Administrators.

I will wait until something concrete is confirmed before I comment again.

Regarding yeast, you can use the yeast from a brew but there is certain protocol to follow, a few on this forum are involved in this so it would be better if they comment.

I prefer to use fresh yeast for my brews these days.

• Like 3

Yes, it's sad and disappointing to see they have closed for good. It would have been nice to get some closure on why it happened.

It seems quite a few boutique brewers have been in the news lately for closing due to economic pressures.

FWIW: Brigalow Brewing Company (Lukevale Pty Ltd) had been trading since 1990, so 33 years is a commendable run!

Salute to BBC, thanks for all the great brews. You will be sadly missed.🍻🥲

• Like 1