Coopers Community

Coopers ROTM continuing to add Carapils malt - Whoo-hoo

iBooz2

So glad that Coopers have decided to continue to add my suggestion of a Carapils addition to most of their ROTM's,  for head creation and retention on K&K beers.  See way back here.

They have listened to us "K&K brewers" (albeit I am now AG) and they have upped their game.  I have been looking at nearly all the ROTM since the above post and glad to see that they have worked on it, tested and proved it and have most probably fixed a big kit can beer problem.  

I know that it now makes their recipes more intermediate than beginners but the end result is that now their kit beers will stand head and shoulders above any competition.

@Coopers DIY Beer Team Kudos to frank and his "white coat" (& some bearded) team - thank you very much for taking notice and adapting.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

So glad that Coopers have decided to continue to add my suggestion of a Carapils addition to most of their ROTM's,  for head creation and retention on K&K beers.  See way back here.

They have listened to us "K&K brewers" (albeit I am now AG) and they have upped their game.  I have been looking at nearly all the ROTM since the above post and glad to see that they have worked on it, tested and proved it and have most probably fixed a big kit can beer problem.  

I know that it now makes their recipes more intermediate than beginners but the end result is that now their kit beers will stand head and shoulders above any competition.

@Coopers DIY Beer Team Kudos to frank and his "white coat" (& some bearded) team - thank you very much for taking notice and adapting.

I found 100g of light crystal malt and 100g of carapils not only gave me the head retention but a bit of flavour and colour

I brewed the same beer with 200g of carapils then 100g light crystal malt and 100g of carapils and I could definitely tell a difference so I always used 100g of each in a k&k  just my opinion and I was happy with the end result

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

I found 100g of light crystal malt and 100g of carapils not only gave me the head retention but a bit of flavour and colour

I brewed the same beer with 200g of carapils then 100g light crystal malt and 100g of carapils and I could definitely tell a difference so I always used 100g of each in a k&k  just my opinion and I was happy with the end result

All good @Back Brewing , glad it works out for you and you like your beers.  The only reason I suggest just carapils is that its pretty flavour neutral whereas the light crystal does alter the taste (makes slightly sweeter) and of course darkens the color.  The Coopers Kit cans that I have done are already a bit on the darker side of what they predict.  Horses for courses as they say.

• Like 2