Coopers Community

Holly-Haze IPA

Hi all and Happy New Year.  I have not been on the forum for a while as I have been happily brewing (and drinking) some great brews.  I purchased the Holly-Haze IPA ROTM and have finally gotten around to brewing it.  The brew has been in the fermenter for 6 days and produced a nice Krausen on the second day which is still quite prominent today, the 6th day.  By the instructions supplied with the ROTM it says to add the El Dorado CGX Hops once the foam has subsided around day 5.  Just wondering if someone who has already brewed this ROTM could give me a heads up on roughly how many days after fermentation started, did the foam subside.  I do not want to add the hops prematurely.  Cheers, the Piss Pot

3 hours ago, Piss Pot Phil said:

Hi all and Happy New Year.  I have not been on the forum for a while as I have been happily brewing (and drinking) some great brews.  I purchased the Holly-Haze IPA ROTM and have finally gotten around to brewing it.  The brew has been in the fermenter for 6 days and produced a nice Krausen on the second day which is still quite prominent today, the 6th day.  By the instructions supplied with the ROTM it says to add the El Dorado CGX Hops once the foam has subsided around day 5.  Just wondering if someone who has already brewed this ROTM could give me a heads up on roughly how many days after fermentation started, did the foam subside.  I do not want to add the hops prematurely.  Cheers, the Piss Pot

Hey PPP, I second @Uhtred Of Beddanburg's advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Piss Pot Phil those instructions are standard across most recepies that require dry hops etc.

I see thst recipe uses verdant IPA yeast which is known for hanging around even during a cold crash. 

Add the hops right away it has probably already finished ferment or close to it.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated. Hops are in. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piss Pot Phil said:

Thanks for the advice, appreciated. Hops are in. 

Glad I could help. It may pay in the long run to have a read of other posts around the forum. Many different topics already covered that might give you helpful advise or ideas for future brews.

• Like 1