Coopers Community

How to get the handle back on snap tap??

It just popped off somehow...I can't get those 2 male bits on the handle to pop back in , maybe it's done as it's assembled and I'm screwed? 

This is jeopardizing the entire brew schedule...the entire MISSION!

Anybody had this , and been able to fix it?

20240116_080137.jpg

20240116_080146.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@BreweyMcHops It's a bit fiddly and it may require a second set of hands, depending on how strong your hands are. Pull the tap apart (remove the base for the top) and push the red boot down on a flat surface like a kitchen bench. This will push the plastic post up far enough to slide the two lugs back into the post. Cheers, Frank.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BreweyMcHops said:

It just popped off somehow...I can't get those 2 male bits on the handle to pop back in , maybe it's done as it's assembled and I'm screwed? 

20240116_080137.jpg

20240116_080146.jpg

I know it may feel like the horse has bolted but can I also make a suggestion that you purchase a couple of spare taps from the Coopers online store. For members the price is $5.62 per unit and you can order up to 2 taps and they will ship for free. It'll give you peace of mind should anything like this occur again. 

Link to the Coopers online store:

https://www.diybeer.com/au/coopers-diy-beer-snap-tap.html

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BreweyMcHops said:

20240116_080137.jpg

20240116_080146.jpg

Good advice from Frank, in the meantime do you have any LHBS close by so you can get a spare tap or 2?

I reckon it always to have a few spares of the basics in stock for instances like this.

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

I know it may feel like the horse has bolted but can I also make a suggestion that you purchase a couple of spare taps from the Coopers online store. For members the price is $5.62 per unit and you can order up to 2 taps and they will ship for free. It'll give you peace of mind should anything like this occur again. 

Link to the Coopers online store:

https://www.diybeer.com/au/coopers-diy-beer-snap-tap.html

Good one Tricky.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Snap Taps are only available through the Online Store but if this tap is faulty I will replace it free of charge. Cheers, Frank.

Yes, Frank, sorry, I should have made it clearer; I was really meaning in general assuming he had other types of fermenters as well as Coopers.

I like to keep spares of most parts/accessories.

It is also reassuring that Coopers always stand by their products.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Snap Taps are only available through the Online Store but if this tap is faulty I will replace it free of charge. Cheers, Frank.

Nicely played Frank. Thank-you for your support. 🍺

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good advice from Frank, in the meantime do you have any LHBS close by so you can get a spare tap or 2?

I reckon it always to have a few spares of the basics in stock for instances like this.

Thanks guys I will have a go at the suggested " field strip" of the tap . I ordered a replacement last night from the coopers site . Strangely the brew shops here seem to sell ONLY the threaded taps that don't work with coopers FV's , and they are closer to $15 for an inferior looking (garden grade, a bit rough from china you know what I mean? ) type product

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, BreweyMcHops said:

Thanks guys I will have a go at the suggested " field strip" of the tap . I ordered a replacement last night from the coopers site . Strangely the brew shops here seem to sell ONLY the threaded taps that don't work with coopers FV's , and they are closer to $15 for an inferior looking (garden grade, a bit rough from china you know what I mean? ) type product

Cheers!

The threaded taps that fit the 30l & 60l Ambi style Fermenters are $3.40 online.

The snap style are $7.95 but won't fit the Coopers Fermenter.

Tap.webp

65250.jpg.webp

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The threaded taps that fit the 30l & 60l Ambi style Fermenters are $3.40 online.

The snap style are $7.95 but won't fit the Coopers Fermenter.

Tap.webp

65250.jpg.webp

Spot on those ones👍, I run those on my other fermenters ( I have a Coopers , and 2 of the good ol Bunnings Blues) those threaded taps that suit Blues were $2 from Bunnings but they are still cheap

Screenshot_20240118_062459_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, BreweyMcHops said:

Spot on those ones👍, I run those on my other fermenters ( I have a Coopers , and 2 of the good ol Bunnings Blues) those threaded taps that suit Blues were $2 from Bunnings but they are still cheap

Screenshot_20240118_062459_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, I have seen the stuff at Bunnings but never bought any, they do sell some BPA free & food grade plastics, not sure about those but as long as they are sanitised they should be OK.