Coopers Community

OG, FG For Cooper's kits

JerryF

Hi all.

On most beer kits that I have used, they give you a range of what OG should be, and another range of what FG should be. I can't seem to find this info anywhere for the Coopers kits. Any help would be considered kindly.[biggrin]

Mexican Cerveza and Wheat I currently, different kits are on the big boat on their way.

Hi Hairy, PI for the last 10 yrs or so.

But anyway one complete kit plus 500g DME, and cut the water back to 19L.

Coopers recommended switching DME for the Enhancer 2, but if I wanted to drink water, I just drink San Miguel, as it used to be a lot cheaper than beer kits. But those days are history.

Still I have other kits that I bought before I knew what was what, still need to know expected OG on coopers kits.

Jerry, the Coopers kit gives you roughly the same fermentable material as 1.7 kg of liquid malt extract. There are a few calculators around (best regarded as guides rather than 100% accurate) that can help.

I get an OG of 1030 and FG 1008 with the kit alone in 19 L.

Add 500g LDM and I get 1041 - 1011 in 19 L.

Cheers

Dan

OK guys, I'll wing it and it all comes down to taste. If it sucks, going to blame someone I don't know. I will come back and shoot the breeze at another time, got too much stuff going on right now. Thanks again.[biggrin]

OK guys' date=' I'll wing it and it all comes down to taste. If it sucks, going to blame someone I don't know. I will come back and shoot the breeze at another time, got too much stuff going on right now. Thanks again.[biggrin']

I provided a link. Was it not good enough considering it appears exactly what you asked for?

You will be battling to find something that will give you exact information because there are so many other factors. The link I provided will only be .001 or .002 out.

Archived