Coopers Community

Coopers Australian Lager - November 2023 Recipe of the Month

On 12/4/2023 at 6:45 AM, Build an brew said:

Just bottled coopers Australian lager clone, hope this one turns out better than our last. Followed a recipe this time so fingers crossed 

IMG_4957.jpeg

I am looking forward to hearing about your results.  I bought that ROTM too, but have not made it yet.

It is one of the few Coopers recipes that does not use a hopped extract can.  It is called "extract brewing" and is closer to proper brewing than using a pre-hopped can.  You have to get the bitterness yourself by doing a hop boil. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 10:15 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I am looking forward to hearing about your results.  I bought that ROTM too, but have not made it yet.

It is one of the few Coopers recipes that does not use a hopped extract can.  It is called "extract brewing" and is closer to proper brewing than using a pre-hopped can.  You have to get the bitterness yourself by doing a hop boil. 

This turned out to be a great brew, just waiting for it to carbonate a bit more . The video was from about a week ago so should be better now. 

IMG_5040.thumb.jpeg.b9ea17f8c3fef834f9ce60e33d40a7ae.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Build an brew said:

This turned out to be a great brew, just waiting for it to carbonate a bit more . The video was from about a week ago so should be better now. 

eaf8a5859008470488092fe9586a6271.mov 23.82 MB · 4 downloads  

IMG_5040.thumb.jpeg.b9ea17f8c3fef834f9ce60e33d40a7ae.jpeg

I am glad you liked it.  I am looking forward to making it even more now.  I bought a 6 pack of the commercial beer last week so I can do a side-by-side taste-test.