Coopers Community

LalBrew London yeast discontinued

Kegory

Thanks for the heads up @Kegory, I use the LalBrew London in the HOP GOBBLER which I really liked 😋 and plan to make a GOLD RUSH SUMMER ALE next week which also calls for a LalBrew London, so if if that turns out to be a winner, I'll need to get me some stock I reckon - so again, thanks for the heads up 😉

Cheers ! 🍺🍺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

My 1st, and looks like, my only time that I used it was with an AG Theakstone's Old Peculier clone. The beer was exceptional but it was a strange ferment as the yeast just seemed to stop at one stage.

https://community.diybeer.com/topic/17037-its-kegging-time-2023/?do=findComment&comment=301128

It doesn't ferment trisaccharides.

2 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Thanks for the heads up @Kegory, I use the LalBrew London in the HOP GOBBLER which I really liked 😋 and plan to make a GOLD RUSH SUMMER ALE next week which also calls for a LalBrew London, so if if that turns out to be a winner, I'll need to get me some stock I reckon - so again, thanks for the heads up 😉

Cheers ! 🍺🍺

The Hop Gobbler is on my radar, Hobgoblin Ruby Red Ale is one of my all time favourite beers. I'm gonna grab a few and stick them in the freezer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kegory said:

The Hop Gobbler is on my radar, Hobgoblin Ruby Red Ale is one of my all time favourite beers. I'm gonna grab a few and stick them in the freezer.

I really rated the Hop Gobbler (100% as per Coopers Recipe, but I shortened the volume down from 25 to 23 litres), I have it scheduled to make another in the next month or so 😋

Yep, I'm also gonna grab a coupla extras as part of my next order 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Yes I am fully aware of that, but thanks anyway.

You're welcome 😉

I did figure you knew that but I added the explanation just in case anyone else (who doesn't know) is reading this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 6:58 PM, Kegory said:

Hey @Kegory,  thought I'd let you know that Kegland have these on sale https://www.kegland.com.au/products/lalbrew-premium-series-london-english-style-ale-yeast-x-11g

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Hey @Kegory,  thought I'd let you know that Kegland have these on sale https://www.kegland.com.au/products/lalbrew-premium-series-london-english-style-ale-yeast-x-11g

Thanks. I already picked up a few packets from Grain and Grape. They probably cost me a bit little more but I was able to read the dates on the packets and they've still got a year to run before expiry which is comforting as I am not using them straight away. They seemed to have plenty of them in the fridge, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kegory said:

Thanks. I already picked up a few packets from Grain and Grape. They probably cost me a bit little more but I was able to read the dates on the packets and they've still got a year to run before expiry which is comforting as I am not using them straight away. They seemed to have plenty of them in the fridge, too.

That is a good outcome @Kegory✅

Good to be sorted 😉

Cheers

Vince🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...