Coopers Community

sweet and flat

SueB3

I have just excitedly embarked on my first brewing experience and unfortunately I am pretty disappointed! I am sure its something I can fix with time but am at a loss as to what is happening. We opened our first bottle of Mexican Cerveza which was bottled 2 weeks ago and it is too sweet and flat. I am guessing it hasn't gone through the second fermentation process but have no idea what I have done wrong to have this effect and some ideas would be great? [roll]

so you have stored it above 18 degrees? id give it another few weeks and then try. if you used proper amount of priming sugar then it sould be ok so wait a bit more.

i always wait at least a month before tasting 3 if add hops.

SueB3, welcome to the forum and an addictive hobby!

Give us a little more info to help. What were the ingredients? How long was primary fermentation and what was the FG? How much sugar or drops did you use to prime the bottles? And at what temperature did you store the bottles?

But without knowing the above I can only suggest that you give each bottle a gentle shake, store them around 20 degrees and try them again in a week or two.

correct hairy that was a little bit more info than i gave im usually struggle to type out everything im thinking.

i have a similar problem with a brew i bottled back in july. found them under a pile of clothes while cleaning my kids room at first taste flat. i have just shaken them to get the yeast in suspension again and now its warmer inside they should be nicly carbonated in a few weeks ill let u know mate u do same should be fine

found them under a pile of clothes while cleaning my kids room

Ha ha [biggrin] You store your beer in your kid's room.

I have enough trouble trying to stop my kids peeling off the stickers from my beer. I sometimes end up with a 'lucky dip' crate, not knowing what is in them until I open them.

It would be impossible to stop them if I stored the beer in their room.

yeah well im lucky that was only in the 1 year olds room he spends all his time in his 4 yr old brothers room and there only pet bottles in there.

knew there was 10 boxes of pet bottles but didnt realise until this morning 2 were full of International APA so got lucky the rest of my brews are in glass bottles in the shed.

im only keeping 4 boxes of pet for inside to do experement brews 6 boxes goin to a mate whos gettin started up.

I know the feeling about labels mate nothin wore than if not all lokin as they should

Archived