Coopers Community

Merry Xmas

weggl

Gawd damn! I'll take this chance to send a belated Merry Xmas to all in the Coopers family and the home-brewers community...

Woulda sent it earlier - but wouldnt ya know it poor ol' Christchurch got shaken about two days out from Xmas (Dec 23) Pretty scary stuff being in a mall when things start to wobble and get thrown off shelves at ya! Managed to find a cafe that was open to grab a coffee to settle the nerves only to have a larger quake (mag 6.0) roll through after I'd finished the coffee (should have had something stronger)

Managed to get home to find TV thrown on the floor, cupboards contents on the floor - fridge had walked half way across the kitchen and the roof was in a worse state than it previously had been! So - I had a quick clean up and buggered off for a few days - had the best possible Xmas, but really just wasnt overly in the mood.....a feeling that was probably felt across the city.

Good news is - no serious casualties this time, just a whole lot of cleaning up to be done around the city again....

Now we have a severe weather warning on the cards for the Nelson region leading into the new year period (on the tail of serious flooding up that way a couple of weeks back).....what is happening to our lovely country!

Hoping everyone has a great and safe New Years (and that the new year is more settled for us here in chch)

Chris

HI Chris. Glad to hear things aren't too bad for you. Nevertheless, not a good situation to be in and especially after the last wreck.

Keep your spirits up mate and it may call to brew something with nelson in it when you get back on your feet.

Take care!!

Archived