Coopers Community

How long can a brew last before it should be drunk?

tonym15

I've been diagnosed with a medical condition which means I can't drink alcohol for about 6 months. Problem is I've just bottled two brews, the Mexican and the Pale.

How long can I leave the brews before they have to be thrown? And giving them to mates is as good as throwing them LOL

They will keep a lot longer than 6 months. However, if you did any hop additions etc. these flavors and aromas will dissipate the longer you leave your brews.

If only 6 months and these brews were just as recommended on the boxes then you should find they will be really nice around then.

Tony, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your predicament.

Bill's right your brews will last longer than 6 months.

Luckily for you, you haven't given your location, otherwise you may end up with a variety of solutions to the disposal of your brews. [biggrin] [cool] [whistling

[crying]... Im always one to look on the brighter side of a dark cloud..

if you will still be able to brew while in your 6 month dry spell, what a collection of nicely aged beers you will have when the shackles are taken off...

I bottle one batch a week prety much (now that I have 3 fridges and 3 FV's) and that would turn out to be about 48 slabs!!!

[w00t] [ninja] [bandit]

Best of luck with the situation mate, all the best wishes.

Yob

Archived