Coopers Community

Coopers Sanitiser

AdamS12

To be honest, there is no correct answer. There is dust and wild things in the air.....period. The longer you wait, the more likely something will get into your equipment. It is just best to clean your equipment anytime, then sanitize your equipment as close to bottling as possible.

In other words, just sanitize when you are ready to start mixing and go from there.

Cliff

while I dont use coopers sanitiser, best practice in my brewery is to use a no-rinse-sanitiser about half hour before I intend to use it.. I use Starsan which is a foaming surfactant, I put 500ml into the FV and shake it like a red headed step child until it is coming out the lid, I then drain off the liquid leaving plenty of the foam in the FV.

It then sits upside down on the bench with the lid on till needed. When I need it I remove the lid (still holding it upside down) tip out the drained foam and residual NRS and replace the lid until such time as I am pouring wort into it.

I guess what im trying to say is that it makes sence to me to use a sanitiser as close to the time you will need the item as possible thereby reducing the chance of anything nasty coming into contact with it.

... that said... I can be pretty pedantic when it comes to these things[roll] but also.. havnt had an infection in a bloody long time either[rightful] (and even that was doubtful as an infection)

Yob

I usually fill the FV up with Napisan and dump everything else I use in it as soon as I empty it. It then sits in the laundry until such a time I am ready to do another brew. I then empty and rinse it, spray it with starsan and it's right to use.

I usually fill the FV up with Napisan

Which napisan do you use?

I then empty and rinse it, spray it with starsan

Where is a good place to get Starsan?

Does Coopers Sanitiser leave a smell? I think i can smell it in my fv.

I usually fill the FV up with Napisan

Which napisan do you use?

I then empty and rinse it, spray it with starsan

Where is a good place to get Starsan?

Does Coopers Sanitiser leave a smell? I think i can smell it in my fv.

The best napisan I've found is Coles Brand Nappy Wash for sensitive skin (No perfumes in the sensitive skin variety [rightful] ). It is in a napisan style tub with a pink lid.

As for Starsan I'd recommend trying Craftbrewer. They are, simply put, the best brewing supplies outlet and the most helpful bunch of blokes I've ever dealt with as a customer. I'm from out of state and still use them

As for Starsan I'd recommend trying Craftbrewer. They are, simply put, the best brewing supplies outlet and the most helpful bunch of blokes I've ever dealt with as a customer. I'm from out of state and still use them

Id second this, G&G have let me down numerous times and I can expect to get my parcel from Craftbrewer from interstate well before I recieve my order from 20km away at Grain and Gripe...

[bandit]

I'd 3rd Craftbrewer and they are at the other end of the Country to me!! QLD - Tas you can't get much further really and I have never had any issues. Ross and Anthony are always very helpful no matter how busy they are. I'd love to call in there one day but travel can be a pain as you could imagine. I have given them a few thousand dollars this year alone.

No affiliation here rah rah rah.....

As to Napisan.... the cheaper the better imo. Prefer non scented though. I use a brand called Comet which is available down here at one of those cheapo shop places (Shiploads)$4 for 2kg.

It is the Sodium Percarbonate ingredient that you are wanting.

It is the Sodium Percarbonate ingredient that you are wanting.

I saw, on an alternate site, that a guy was doing a Bulk Buy of near pure Sodium Perc... 25kg bags from memory and pretty damn cheap too... I might see if I cant contact him and get some details, though for you Bill I can see that shipping will still be an issue $$ wise.

Yeah mate, I saw the bulk buy and was tempted but as you said, postage is a killer for me [crying]

IIRC it was in Qld.

You might want to hurry with contacting him as it has been there for a while now, hopefully you're not too late.

I am now guessing but I would assume using 100% Sod Perc then you wouldn't need anywhere near as much as you do Napisan.

I also purchase things from Craftbrewer and cant fault them, recently bought the Beersmith2 registration off them for only $19 or so, but for the cost of postage thrown into the mix the G&G purchase is cheaper for me and they havent let me down on a purchase yet.

Archived