Coopers Community

How far would you fill your DIY fermenter?

The reason I ask is that since doing BIAB I find that I can whip out 23L quite easy even though it is time consuming. However, I figured if I could get a few more liters into the fermenter then I can build up my bottle collection and my "bits keg" at the same time for virtually a few extra minutes it takes to mill the extra grain on brew day.

With regards to the Coopers DIY kits and considering I "generally" do not get a big krausen, how far would you fill your fermenter if it were you?

I am figuring maybe 26L-28L and keep fingers x'ed I don't get an explosion.

The reason I ask is that since doing BIAB I find that I can whip out 23L quite easy even though it is time consuming. However, I figured if I could get a few more liters into the fermenter then I can build up my bottle collection and my "bits keg" at the same time for virtually a few extra minutes it takes to mill the extra grain on brew day.

With regards to the Coopers DIY kits and considering I "generally" do not get a big krausen, how far would you fill your fermenter if it were you?

I am figuring maybe 26L-28L and keep fingers x'ed I don't get an explosion.

Its marked out to 27 litres so with collar on i think you would be ok with 26 to 28litres, i would clip the lid though at the start of fermentation [devil]

Archived