Coopers Community

Back to Home Brewing after 16 years

SamL3

Just sampled the bitter' date=' wow what a brew. I am seriously chuffed that I made this, no more store bought for me. The 100g of dextrose for priming was perfect for this style of beer.[/quote']

It only gets better from here mate. [biggrin]

Sampled the Ale I bottled last week, made with Ale kit and 1.5kg of DME last night, I could not wait to give it a try, so far so good, nice head retention and damn tasty, the TuCan Chocolate Stout is bubbling away quite nicely, has been been for the past 6 days, As I still need to to top up the 23L, my OG was very high at 1.080. I used 1 can of Stout, I can of Dark, and 1kg of dextrose and 300g of chocolate syrup, with there only being 15L of water in the primary at time of reading, is there anyway to calculate what me FG will be once I top it up to 23L. Cheers...Sam

G'day Sam,

I read that you hope to have your stout ready for Xmas....I hope you mean next Xmas! It sounds like a tasty brew and may be drinkable by this Xmas but I advise that you put some in glass and store for next Xmas, believe me you won't regret it!

• 2 weeks later...

Bottling the Stout today, it took 2 weeks to ferment, left it for one further week to settle, I plan on following the advise by Ross, and setting aside 12 750ml glass fliptops for next year, and bottling the rest in 1 litre PET bottles, next brew will be a Canadian Blonde with 1kg of Dry Malt extract and 1kg of dextrose. Still trying to find a local source for hops, hopefully will be able to find some before the next batch. Planing on priming with 125g of Dextrose for the Stout. I will advise on my ABV when I pull off the FG later today, off to the local. Cheers

....next brew will be a Canadian Blonde with 1kg of Dry Malt extract and 1kg of dextrose. ... Cheers

At 6.2% that would have to be an SKB (Sam's Killer Blonde)

[bandit]

Judging by the Draught I put down with 500g of Dex it won't be a brew that you're drinking early

[rightful]

Chocolate Stout is all put to bed, of course I sampled, quite tasty indeed, now to let it rest and wait for a long time. FG was 1.008, works out to be 5.8 ABV, now lets see how things taste in a months time at least, putting the Blonde down as we speak SG is 1.052, going to be a good one

Archived