Coopers Community

Milky mexican........

FraserH

Oh k chaps I am currently in the middle of doing my 13th brew since june and my current brew in the FV is a Black Rock Mexican.

Its been in the FV for 5 days so far and its a very cloudy/ milky. Ive done everything as I normally do the only difference is that its a black rock kit and not the normal coopers that Ive used in the past.

Should I be concerned or will it come good after sitting in the Fv for a couple of weeks?

cheers

I wouldn't be too concerned. It should clear up with extra time in the FV.

Do you have a fermentation fridge or even heaps of room in your kitchen fridge?

You can cold chill it for a couple of days prior to bottling which may help clear it up.

If necessary, get rid of all your food from your fridge to make room for your FV. Beer is more important.

Im sure SWMBO will have something to say about me emptying the fridge to make room for my FV! Although this will definately add strength to my argument for another beer fridge to go with the smaller Bar fridge.

Alright it may not have been a coopers but keep in mind I am a kiwi and therefore supporting the local producers of kits(on occassions) not just the oz companies.

temps have been a constant 18-20c and the yeast is just the kit yeast that came with it ( I tend not to write down types of yeast and expiry dates etc)

Its been in the FV for 5 days so far and its a very cloudy/ milky.

This is quite normal so nothing to be concerned about. A lot of it would only be light reflecting from the yeast in suspension. You won't be able to tell how clear your brew will be until it is actually finished and the yeast drops out of suspension.

Archived