Coopers Community

first toucan

tones

hey guys,

was shopping earlier and saw the pale ale/real ale cans had just been re-stocked and thought i remembered seeing a recipe using both.

ended up finding it was the extra strong vintage ale recipe but it calls for 1kg dextrose and 30g nelson to dry hop

i dont have any hops or dextrose so i was just going to throw in a brew enhancer #2, will it be anything like the real vintage if i do that?

i might go sanitise the fermenter and get it started

I will be drinking a bottle i took from the fermenter last week of extra strong vintage ale tomorrow night and bottling up the rest thats still in the FV. I did this one by the book and even when i tested the fg after a week it tasted nice. As Muddy said try and do the recipe as directed, the Nelson Sauvin hops set it off.

Just about to do a toucan stout, this one wont be for the faint hearted [devil]

Just about to do a toucan stout, this one wont be for the faint hearted [devil]

I am searching for a clone recipe for N\xe4rke Kaggen Stormaktsporter

There is an all grain attempt out there somewhere.

I have never seen this beer available in Aussie

but i have heard its a ripper.

hey guys,

was shopping earlier and saw the pale ale/real ale cans had just been re-stocked and thought i remembered seeing a recipe using both.

ended up finding it was the extra strong vintage ale recipe but it calls for 1kg dextrose and 30g nelson to dry hop

i dont have any hops or dextrose so i was just going to throw in a brew enhancer #2, will it be anything like the real vintage if i do that?

i might go sanitise the fermenter and get it started

If you don't use the required hops then it won't be anything like what you are after. Hops make the biggest difference with regards to flavor, aroma and bitterness to any brew.

thanks guys,

looks like more shopping to do [happy]

i'm not the biggest stout fan but i'd love to do a tooheys old clone or a dark ale along those lines, i've been reading that the old is pretty hard to get close to though [crying]

Archived