Coopers Community

Just filled the fermenter with a PUMPKIN BREW!

MattC10

Hi all! It is the first day of Autumn here in New York and I wanted to let you know that I have just screwed the fermenter lid shut on a batch of pumpkin ale! I have recorded the recipe and will share once I am sure the outcome is a good one! Thanks to all who have shared their recipes and advice with me! Prost!

I have just screwed the fermenter lid shut on a batch of pumpkin ale!

Well done Matt. I thought you Yanks did not use screw top fermenters and were carboy and bettabottle addicts?

How about a photo as I believe these pumpkin ales can blow the lid off the FV. I assume you have a blowoff tube not an airlock.

There's a lot of good craft beers here now. So many to choose from,but getting expensive. Likely due to the cost of all the extra malts,hops,etc used in their production. But def worth it. Some are strictly local or regional,so traveling around can be a good thing. Just do some research 1st.

And makebeer.net (North American Cooper's distributor) Has a pumpkin ale based on the real ale can. Might be worth a look.

Hi all! It is the first day of Autumn here in New York and I wanted to let you know that I have just screwed the fermenter lid shut on a batch of pumpkin ale! I have recorded the recipe and will share once I am sure the outcome is a good one! Thanks to all who have shared their recipes and advice with me! Prost!

Excuse my ignorance please Matt but I find that really weird.... i.e. the first day of a season starting on 24th September [alien]

Excuse my ignorance please Matt but I find that really weird.... i.e. the first day of a season starting on 24th September [alien]

It was the 23rd in the US.

In the United States and the rest of the northern hemisphere, the first day of the autumn season is the day of the year when the Sun crosses the celestial equator moving southward. This day is known as the Autumnal Equinox.

Archived