Coopers Community

Coopers Pale Ale Recipe - ABV

Hoptimus Maximus

I have never got my FG down as low as 1006 yet for Pale Ale. Mine tanks at around 1009.

I have one sitting in the fermenter at the moment which reached 1006. Bottling that bad boy tomorrow.

My recipe was 1 can Coopers APA, 500g LDM, 1 kg BE2, dry hopped with 25 g Goldings, made to 25 litres (meant to make 23 but didn't pay attention[pinched] )

OG 1040, FG 1006.

Hi Guys,

My Pale Ale has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks and the FG is 1014, I will check it again tonight but would that be too high to bottle?

I just used the Coopers APA, BE2 & recultured coopers yeast.

Hi Guys,

My Pale Ale has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks and the FG is 1014, I will check it again tonight but would that be too high to bottle?

I just used the Coopers APA, BE2 & recultured coopers yeast.

Not "too high" to bottle if you get the same reading over 24 hours. After two weeks it should be done, however, SG readings are the only way to be sure.

It is a little high and you may detect slight residual sweetness for this kit is modestly bittered. Saying that, I am sure it will be enjoyable.

You could raise the temp a couple of degrees for two days and give the fermenter a gentle swirl in case it is a stuck fermentation, however, after two weeks I wouldn't bother

Thanks for that, I will test it tonight and if it is the same I will bottle it up.

Was just a bit worried that my first attempt at using the recultured yeast hadn't quite worked.

Probably a stupid question but when you take the SG reading do you do it through the tap straight after everything is mixed in and ready to go?

How do others do it?

Yeah John that is pretty much it![happy]

I usually pour off my sample and drop in the hydrometer... give her a few taps on the head and a spin or two to make sure all the air particles have detached themselves so as not to get a false reading check out the result and then leave it for a good 5 mins to settle and come back for the final reading to check they are the same.

Finally and most importantly I remove the hydrometer and swish back that tasty goodness to see what sort of treat I am in for in the next few weeks once fermentation is complete! Ohh Yeah![biggrin]

Archived