Coopers Community

No reuse glass bottles

DavidP17

Iv been saving my glass crown seal stubbies and have noticed on some of them they say "no reuse".

Is it vital to abide by this / will they definately explode or is this just to cover the manufacturers incase something does happen?

Am quite happy with my PET's would just be good to be able to give the glass stubbies as samples for friends/family

Its just to cover the manufacturer.

I have heaps of stubbies and longnecks with these ranging from becks, coopers, tooheys and have never had a problem.

They are just weaker and are thinner then normal bottles and I have heard they are easier to break while capping.

The best commercial ones to use are the coopers longnecks, though as hell.

The best commercial ones to use are the coopers longnecks..

If you are looking at 750ml I second that,

Personally I also have 320 x 375ml Pickaxe Brand bottles and they are my favourites. Sometimes I just find a 750ml size a bit big for non session drink. (I like a beer with my dinner).

I love the PET bottles to take to the cricket. Adelaide oval does not prohibit alcohol in PET bottles - the rule book says cans and glass bottles. One day someone will flatten Harbhajan Singh with a full PET bottle and they will ban them too.

If you are looking at 750ml I second that

I definately was.

I like the size of the becks bottles, which are the 330ml ones because I can fit a clean 25 in my milkcrates where as normal stubbies or longnecks I have to figt to fit them in.

The problems associated with the "single-use" twist-tops relate to the thinness of the glass; the threads can be broken when using a hand capper or the neck gets crushed when using a lever capper, they are also prone to thermal shock so sanitising with heat (oven, dishwasher, etc) will weaken the bottle.

With a bench capper and no rinse sanitiser, they can be re-used many times.

I've had coke bottles opened and sniffed by security at the SCG.

When living in South Africa, we would sneak bottles of "cane" (white rum) inside loaves of unsliced bread. [ninja]

I've had coke bottles opened and sniffed by security at the SCG.

...as for coke how hard is it to sneak a flask of rum in your pocket.

Big Brother is watching on CCTV[rightful]

Watch how quickly the [rightful] [rightful] [rightful] swoop on anyone who lights a ciggarette (or doobie)!

Archived