Coopers Community

3rd brew

AndrewF111

Just put on my 3rd home brew. My first one that came with the DIY kit was perfect.

The second brew I bought a Coopers pale ale kit with BH2 and was crap (my wort was not kept in consistant ideal tempretures).

The third I just put on is one I got for my birthday (dont shoot me im a coopers man) a Morgans blue mountain larger. I forgot to take the label off the can and the can opener ripped of a strip and fell in my brew when it mixed it in. I pulled it out but I hope it does not ruin it.

I forgot to take the label off the can and the can opener ripped of a strip and fell in my brew when it mixed it in. I pulled it out but I hope it does not ruin it.

Only time will tell if your larger ([innocent] ) is infected Andrew - the odds are in your favour though so you should be right [biggrin]

Just make sure you don't rush your beers into bottles! You have to let it sit at least a week after FG is reached to allow the yeast time to clean up their by-products,including off flavors.

So the moral is,when FG is reached,& it doesn't taste just right,let it sit. It isn't ready yet for bottling. We discuss this with newbies every day on HBTSo give'em more time,you'll get better quality. But the better you maintain ideal brew temps,the less this extra time is needed. Just let it clear to a slight haze at that point. Then bottle away.

It will be ok. I have had flies sneak in and have a little drink of my beer when I have the lid open. Nothing nasty has come from it *Twitch* [lol]

Yeah, Matty looks the picture of health after his fly flavoured beer.

Here's a recent photo....

mattythefly.png

Archived