Coopers Community

Budget Brewing Equipment

BenjaminD2

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster.

I'm looking to expand my brewing operation. I currently have just the one fermenter. I'm looking to expand into having a second fermenter as well as possibly another fermenter for secondary fermentation. The trouble is, i'm not exactly the richest bloke in the world.

So i was looking for suggestions for brewing equipment that can be purchased on the cheap. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks [biggrin]

Ben

Hi Ben - Welcome to the poster side [biggrin]

If you are in Australia you can get yourself a 25L fermentor for about $15 from bunnings - They are sold as water containers but are perfect for brewing. Bunnings is also a good source of cheap replacement taps if you need them.

I went for a trip out to bunnings today and asked the staff there if they would have anything that would suit. They said they didn't have anything i could use! I don't suppose you recall what section the water containers are in?

P.S. Whats this talk about glad wrap? [unsure]

Don't get Bad Boy Muddy started!

Gladwrap replaces the lid and airlock. Some use a pinhole in the Gladwrap for excess CO2 to escape, many, like myself, just let it find its own way out.

Ebay is another great source for cheaper brewing kit

Thanks for the tips guys.

With the crown concepts website, am i able to buy just one or two? It seems like you can only purchase bulk amounts, or am i just reading it wrong?

To be honest I have not bought from them yet. However, there are a lot of people who has and from what I hear, I believe you can purchase any number you want.

Archived