Coopers Community

I've over filled my fermenter !! Help !

BrendanS8

I've made a brew for a 52 litre keg,was supposed to fill the fermenter to 46 litres but ended up being 50, gotta stop drinking when i do these things. Would natural carbonation in the keg improve anything?[crying] [crying] [crying]

Brendan, I don't understand what you are trying to ascertain as you haven't provided much information.

If you keg and the issue is you have too much wort for your keg. then just use bottles for the remaining wort after you keg.

By naturally carbing a keg, what exactly are you trying to improve?

Depending on the recipe it might still taste great. Post the recipe and see what the others say.

BTW - natural carbing in the keg is used alot here and when I get my kegging system I will be doing it as well. I believe the benefits include using less gas and the yeast in it have a better chance of getting rid of any off flavours they have made

hi brendan i did the exact same thing on my very first brew a coopers australian lager, i filled the fermenter with 25 rather than 23 litres and the beer fine one of the most enjoyable brews ive had.

Archived