Coopers Community

Malt And Shovel Hoppy Hefe

Hey all just got home from arvo shift put the bins out, told the cat to f... off and gave the missus a kiss. Then the most amazing part went to fridge and opened a Hoppy Hefe limited addition beer from Malt and Shovel.

Has anyone else tried one of these? OMFG its amazing its a Darkish Wheat beer with a shitload of Motueka never heard of it and Citra hops. It holds a nice head as all wheat beers and hop aroma is awesome. It's 7% in a 640 ml bottle 3.5 standard drinks defenetly something i might give a try at making something similar.

Cheers [happy]

Yep, got a few of these when a mate posted them on his Facebook. Great beer! Quite a shock to the senses but it's so smooth and easy to drink.

Moteuka is also known as B Saaz if you've heard of that.

I only have one more left though!

Hey smithy yeah good beer mate i only had the one [crying] might grab a few more next pay day. I have heard of b sazz but yet to try defenatly will be now i know how good they taste.

Cheers mate hope you can find some more its worth the dollars.

Yeah if you can get them still that's awesome! I know they're only a limited release and the Dan's that I went to said they didn't have many left.

I like how breweries do their special things like this. Shakes things up from the norm and really gets you interested in them (hint, Coopers [devil] )

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favourite beers at the moment (excluding the one's I make [innocent] )

It is a limited release that has been out for a while but there are still plenty of them around. They had a heap of them at Dan Murphys in Penrith on the weekend just gone. So I had to buy a couple just to help them reduce their stock.

The Quite American from Little Creatures is also a cracker of a beer but I found that one much harder to find.

Yeah i tried this one recently, it was a pretty interesting beer. I might even go as far as saying the weirdest/hoppiest beer i've tasted in at least a long while.

With that said, i've got another in the fridge waiting for it to cool down.

I have also seen a few lingering around but at 9 bucks a pop at my local and work being slow a bit hard on the budget. So i have been making and drinking alot of APA brews with straight forward 1 kg of LME and hop additions kit yeast. I get an ok pay wed i might just buy 1 or 2 [joyful]

Archived