Coopers Community

Got one

weggl

Got one of the cheap fermenters at last, Bunnings Belrose had 25L fermenters in isle 22 screw on lids $16. 50. Today Wed 16 feb 2011.

I posted this under "fermenters" but its an old posting and you would have to go to page 2 to get the info. So i thought i would do a new one in case sombody is around that area.

Weggl

Weggl

Hey Weggl, good info to know, because I looked at them in BigW, they were listed as camping water containers and were sky blue coloured. I took a look inside and thought the interior was possibly slightly rougher than a regular vessel, and there was a strong plastic smell. It was enough to put me off, mainly because I didn't know what I was doing, and erred on the side of caution, which is always a good thing in brewing lol.

But Muddy says they are fine and good - so maybe I will look again.

Cheers.

Yea. Muddy I took you advice about a month ago, rang bunnings before i went they said they had them, but alas when i got there, none. I just called in Wed on the off chance and walla, they had them. I think you said when you bought one there they were $20. These ones have an orange top and are food grade.And$16.5 each. Look good with the Gladwrap on the top![joyful]

Muddy,

I like your little pictures that flash on and off on the screen especially you\u2019re anti airlock one. Do you think we should start a campaign to ban Hydrometers?

When you consider the success you had with your Gladwrap campaign and the many converts you acquired then I think this one could be a winner also.

Just imagine what a complete boycott on hydrometers would do to the sales team who refuse to supply us with PLASTIC HYDROMETERS. They would be stuck with thousands of them. This would teach them a lesson, a lesson that we the customers are always right.

Archived