Coopers Community

Dextrose quantity in main brew

YeastieBabe

Hello beautiful people. I’ve got the Coopers draught to put down with yeast and dextrose. 
How many grand dextrose do I add to the main brew can with the yeast?

Ive got carbonation drops to prime the bottles when it ready. I’m putting it down in about an hour so any help is appreciated on the amount of dextrose. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YeastieBabe said:

Hello beautiful people. I’ve got the Coopers draught to put down with yeast and dextrose. 
How many grand dextrose do I add to the main brew can with the yeast?

Ive got carbonation drops to prime the bottles when it ready. I’m putting it down in about an hour so any help is appreciated on the amount of dextrose. 

Thanks. 

Hi @YeastieBabe Welcome to the forum.

If you are using a 1.7kg can of Coopers Draught, you really need also a box of BE2 which contains 50& Dextrose. 

Personally, I wouldn't be using more as it will thin your beer & will lack body resulting with poor head retention.

I would recommend using the Brew Enhancer 2 & 500kg of Light Dry Malt & lose the Dextrose.

Even without the addition of the extra malt your beer will be better with BE2 than using Dextrose.

Cheers

Phil

.84C798AF-4690-4F56-B4EA-D9CD300743B2.thumb.png.dbc6a74720c2390e169dd9a72b313a71(2).png.b0df7552dd4ed92048565262c78f526e.png

• Like 2

What @Classic Brewing Co says is correct.

However if you want to start the brew today & don't have anything else available, put a kilo of the dextrose in.

It will thin the beer out. Perhaps only fill to 21 litres.

It will be drinkable. Live and learn.

Next time buy some enhancer and have all the stuff ready.

No need to start a new thread for each question.

• Like 2

Thanks Phil and Graculus.

I will hold off and get the enhancer tomorrow.

Posted 2 questions as I was pondering after the 1st one, so not intentional to ask one question per post- I still have my training wheels on.

Cheers 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, YeastieBabe said:

Thanks Phil and Graculus.

I will hold off and get the enhancer tomorrow.

Posted 2 questions as I was pondering after the 1st one, so not intentional to ask one question per post- I still have my training wheels on.

Cheers 

Cheers Yeasty Babe, all the best with your brewing journey, this is the place for all of your questions. Lots of help available on this great forum.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, toolman01 said:

My Local IGA has Brew Enhancer 

Yeah, here in Glenelg, Adelaide we have Dan Murphy's/BigW/Foodland/IGA etc. who all stock it.

You could also go to Coles/Woolworths & look for Saunders Malt Extract x 1kg as a substitute.

91Q7do0v2vL._SX679_.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2